Saturday, October 24, 2009

NaNoWriMo

Ugh... I am laid up in quarantine for the next 4 days as I recover from Swine Flu! But this time spent sleeping and zoning due to being over medicated has helped me realize the perfect story for this year's NaNoWriMo.

For those who don't know what NaNoWriMo is:
National Novel Writing Month is an event where writers of any gauge from never written a story to best selling authors attempt to write a 50,000 word novel between Nov. 1st to Nov. 30th www.nanowrimo.org

This is my first year and I can tell it will be a challenge! Sure it's only about 1,667 words a day but this happens to also be the month that we are closing on our house and moving! Not to mention my son's 8th birthday and of course Thanksgiving... this November is going to be CrAzY!!

About Project Leona:
This is a story idea that I have been tossing around for about 2 years, I have done tons of outlining, character development and world building but every time I tried to start writing it I had no idea where to start. I would either get tired of looking at a blank Microsoft Word screen and give up or start writing a completely different story... But with NaNoWriMo, my intro can be complete garbage and I am not allowed to dwell on it so it should work out perfect! And with this story, 50k words is probably not even enough to finish book 1.

Anyway, wish me luck for this year, and if you are participating as well then let me know, maybe we can help each other get through the inevitable rough parts!

1 comment: